MY JOURNEY SO FAR


This is going to be my very first post and here I'll talk about my experiences and what I have in store for you. So, let's get started?

Let me introduce myself to all of you first, Hey! I'm Khushali Malik, currently a second year student of Financial Economics at Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics. Going even before that, to let you you get the idea of what my experiences are and what all can you expect from my blogs. Having been a humanities student from Delhi Public School, R.K Puram, I have been exposed to a wide variety of subjects like Psychology, Political Science, Mathematics (because economics is tough without it), and none other than Economics itself. This caused me to think of those amazing directions that I guess I could have never thought of going to personally if I went for any other stream. I will speak of each of these experiences in very detail. Not here, don't worry because even I don't like long posts since they get really boring!


 After my school, I got the whopping 95.2% in 2016 board exams and honestly, I expected more, since I wanted to get into SRCC or Stephen's College. But nevertheless, after changing colleges several times (as we do in Delhi University), I settled down at Indraprastha College for Women, in Civil Lines. In my 3 years journey of this college, I realised just one thing, no matter what college you are a part of in DU, it just won't matter as you might see a student from Shyam Lal college being a topper! Yes, that's right and I'm not lying when i say that :)

 
Now, since I was a fan of dancing since ever, I went straight up to the Dance Soc auditions and was damn nervous! Then I gave the auditions and got selected to become a part of the dance society of my college. When you are a part of any good society of your college, you realise that people look upto you in different ways and that whole experience changes your life in a maaajor way! The college transforms you as a person and moreover as an adult since you meet people from different background and different experiences from which you learn loads of stuff. While I was in college, I did an internship in the Department of Art and Culture in Delhi Government and applied for volunteering at Make a Difference organisation (MAD). My journey at MAD was the most positive and real life experience uptil now and I still can't forget the children that I taught there. Those girls were some balls of joy who would lift your mood up in seconds of meeting them! 💓

 
Then, in my last year of college I had to have a plan but I didn't and while exploring some options that I could go for which were either going for a job, doing my master's in Economics or rather an MBA. My dad even compelled me to go for IAS, but I wasn't a kid of those sorts. Then finally, I started with my prep for Economics entrance exam and got the offer from 4 colleges i.e. Gokhale, IIFT, Hyderabad University and TERI. As, Gokhale had a reputation of being an esteemed institution in research and corporate both, I went for it! And, currently, I'm preparing for my first level of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam. This journey was filled with many ups and downs which I will let you know for sure in my next posts!

 
Till then, adios! 









Comments

Popular Posts